At Temple 53 Enmyouji this morning, there was a small hidden Christian statue at the side of one of the halls within the temple grounds. This was for Christians secretly to worship during the time when Christianity was prohibited in Japan. I haven`t translated the notice yet, but I understand the carving on the stone was made to look like a Buddhist saint or deity, but is actually the Virgin Mary.
- Distance walked today = 19.4km
- Distance walked so far = 562.3km
- Temples visited today = Temple 52; Taisanji, Temple 53; Enmyouji, Temple 54; Enmeiji, Temple 55; Nankoubou.
- Kouban visited today = nil
- Accommodation = "Henro Deal" ￥9000, Hotel Imabari Kokusai, Imabari City, Ehimeken 〒794 8522
- Expenditure today = train ticket from Iyo-wake near Temple 53 to Oonishi near Temple 54 ￥640, four Temple Stamps ￥1200, PC rental ￥300, mouthwash, evening food and sake ￥1619, an extra can of Japanese Kirin lager from the hotel room`s mini-bar ￥300.
- Settai = three oranges, "Henro Deal" at hotel