At Temple 59 a bus party of Henro arrived and they lined up to shake hands with this statue of Koubou Daishi (the Buddhist monk who lived 774 to 835 and founded this pilgrimage), a few of them also rubbed his head.
- Distance walked today = 29.3km
- Distance walked so far = 592.0km
- Temples visited today = Temple 56; Taisanji, Temple 57; Eifukuji, Temple 58; Senyuuji, Temple 59; Kokubunji.
- Kouban visited today = I think I will have to give up on the police in this prefecture, Ehime. I buzzed at two small Kouban today but no one was home at either, which is fair enough. But early this morning near the large Imabari City police station I saw three smartly dressed officers strolling slowly along the road, and asked if I could take a photo of us together; but they said they were too busy, I have some colleagues like that too. There have been occasions on duty when I have been rolling around on the floor with a violent person but people have still come to ask me for directions and I have had to politely tell them that I am too busy. However, I will always pose for the camera when a tourist asks me.
- Accommodation = Hotel including breakfast ￥5900, Terminal Hotel Toyo, Nyuugawa, Saijo City, Ehimeken 〒799 1353
- Expenditure today = four Temple Stamps ￥1200, incense from Temple 56 ￥400, gifts at Temple 57 ￥1000, bento lunch ￥395, evening food and sake ￥ .
- Settai = DVD`s from film-maker at Temple 57, hot lemon drink outside main hall at Temple 57.